Recipes

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Better Slow my Roll

We went to Tractor Supply to pick up some food for the big chickens, and we got to looking at the new chicken houses that they have in there. Naturally I got really excited about them, because they are just so fun and perfect looking.  All of a sudden I could imagine adding another chicken to our breeding list. *sigh* Right now we are planning on breeding for Sex Links, Rhode Island Reds, and French Black Copper Marans, I just don't think we need to add Easter Eggers to the list just yet. (although the EE are quite popular considering they don't lay the best)

I do have plans to have different houses with different breeds set up. I have dreams of having my very own little hatchery that people want to come and visit so that they can take home those little chicks to raise up and enjoy. I love the thought of literally surviving off of what we could make off of a farm, we would never be rich, but at the same time, we would never be hungry. I just need to remember that we will fund everything with what we make from the different breeds. We just have to remember a little bit at a time. I like the thought even more that its something my hubby and I can do together. (That's my favorite part)

The first thing that needs to happen is, all of this crazy snow needs to stop!!! Its looking like we have a big snow storm coming, and that I'm not looking forward to. I'm hoping that it will wear itself out before it gets here.

So, how about a little feedback on how you like my blog...is there anything you would like to see, any recipe's your interested in, or even crochet patterns...
feel free to email me!!!
crochetbrandi@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment