Recipes

Saturday, February 1, 2014

What I'm going to do today

Hey, its Saturday!!! Oh..its Saturday...just another day on the farm really. There are things that have to be done everyday, they can't be skipped just because its Saturday.  So what all am I going to do today??? Well, there is always Laundry to be done, dishes to be washed, meals to be made,
But there are also always eggs to gather, poop to scoop, chickens to feed, dogs to feed, the worms, well they don't have to be bothered with that often. Last night I was feeding them and digging around a bit to check on everybody to see how everybody was doing in the tubs. They are all in there doing those wonderful worm things. I did however discover, even though I'm not going to be harvesting them just yet, I need to get in there and get everything turned so that the worms can get to all of the bedding, and get all of the food, and things, SO my plan for today with that is, I'm going to take one of my prepared tubs, and put some bedding in the bottom, and I'm going to flip one tub over into the new tub, and then I'm going to keep going until I've done it to all of them. It will probably slow down those wonderful little creatures for about a day, until they get their bearings back again, but that's ok.

This evening I have to start getting a couple of worm bags made up. What's a worm bag you ask??? Well, a worm bag is what you want to ship live worms in. Its breathable, yet will contain the worms so that they don't get out and wiggle all over the place. Plus I have to get some peat moss as well so that they will have food and bedding for their trip. I'm planning on setting up to start selling some so that my tubs aren't over crowded. I would estimate I have about 3-5 pounds of worms in each tub, plus several hundred/thousand worm cocoons in each tub. Now each cocoon will contain between 3 and 7 worms, so that's a lot of babies. Once some of those adult worms are removed, the other worms will begin to make more worms like crazy!!!

So that's what I'm going to be doing today, on a Saturday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment