Recipes

Thursday, February 6, 2014

quilting

Hi everybody!!!! Well, we are surviving this crazy winter here!!! I'm not loving all the cold, and frankly neither are my joints, but this too shall pass. Although, I must admit, I was quite excited this morning when I walked up to do chicken stuff, and got to walk on grass. (hey no judging!!!)

So, since my last post with the pictures of my cleaned up sewing/yarn/craft room, I started on a quilt topper. Right now I'm working on one called Sugar and Spice. The top is made of nothing but scrap fabric. This one is a mixture of lots of bright and dark colors, and shows that I buy a lot of printed fabrics. It will be a bright mixture, and that's for sure. This quilt topper is from the Scrap Therapy book, the next quilt topper pattern I have picked out is from the second book in the series, and the topper I have picked out is going to require me to go and purchase some back ground fabric, which I'm not complaining about one bit...I mean what's the fun in quilting if you don't get to cut some new fabric??? For that one I'll be using a lot of solids, some prints, but mostly solids. I will be spending at least one day cutting up scrap fabric before I go through and get prepped to make that one...but I'm only going to concentrate on one quilt top at a time.

I'll take some pictures of my current WIP as soon as I dig out the digital camera. I'll be carrying that around with me more now that I'm getting back to basics.

Well...that's it for today...oh..still waiting on that pattern tester...I must say...it does seem like its taking a long time, maybe I should have set a time limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment