Recipes

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

morning chick chirps




Last night at 7:58 PM,  the first of our chicks hatched out. It was one of the French Black Copper Marans, and this morning she (I'm just going to refer to them all as she until I can tell the difference) is all fluffed up nicely, and is quite adorable. She was all over the place in that crate, and I think the poor little thing is lonely...but don't be sad, as of right now there are 4 more eggs pipped, and ready to emerge. Three of them are the FBCM and the other is one of the eggs from our back yard. Those are basically mutts...

I couldn't resist snapping and sharing that last shot of Sam with you guys, as you can see he doesn't seem to care about all the little chirps happening in here. As long as it doesn't interfere with his comfort and tv watching, Sam is just going to keep doing Sam things. Pardon the fact that I need to vacuum. That's a daily kind of thing that needs to happen here.

I'll update you guys later on once more hatches happen.

OH its supposed to get up to 50 today, so I'm in high hopes that, all of that snow outside melts off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment