Recipes

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Not off to the greatest Start

So, March has not been off to the greatest start. First our lap top went down due to power cord issues (but we now have a new one...and who would have thought a power cord could be so darned expensive) one of my Cornish Rocks had to be put down due to some serious injuries, it got really cold again, we got more snow, AND NOW we are working on getting our pipes thawed...blah...like I said, its not been a great month so far.

Although I can't complain completely. On Saturday I went to a sewing bee at the local quilt shop, and got to see some beautiful quilts. I am just in awe at what some of those ladies do. I only hope that with time and practice, I can be as awesome as they are. Then Saturday night I went with my husbands family to see my Niece and Nephew in a school play. They were who's in Seusical The Musical, and it was fantastic!!! Those high school kids were more than awesome....they were fantastic, wonderful, awesome, talented, I am at a loss as to how to describe just how breathtakingly awesome it was. I see those kids going far if they should decide to pursue acting. It would be a great loss to the future of entertainment if they don't...but even if they don't, I think that there is nothing those kids wont be able to do. Yeah, they were that good.  So to the kids at Fort Defiance High School...my hat is off to you...I feel honored to have been able to watch you perform. Bravo, with a standing ovation.

My 29 remaining chicks are growing swiftly. I'm going to have to start getting the coops ready for them in a hurry. I think we are going to have to split them up into 4 different groups. 2 groups will go into the coops, and then I'll have some in crates on top of the coops as well. Its going to be one big mass release once everybody is able to be released with the other chickens. Then again, I'm also sort of thinking maybe instead of putting them in the coops, if we shouldn't just section off the end of the run and set the coops up so that they have a place to sleep, and don't have to be cooped up. It could work, I think the hubby and I will have to discuss and decide if that's what we want to do.

Sam and Jasper are well. Jasper is probably going to be devastated when the chicks go outside, because he has adopted them in his own little way. Its really kind of adorable, but I for one will be glad when I can put the messy little buggers outside.

Tomorrow is my husbands 40th birthday. Its hard to believe that he's going to be 40 already. Time really does fly when your having fun. (my birthday is next week, I'll be 34...now that's one I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around)

Ok..gotta run...I have lots of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment