Recipes

Sunday, March 16, 2014

weekend chatter

I stayed pretty busy this weekend. Friday I worked on moving left over siding from a house repair up to the shed, and then did a bit of chicken house cleaning, and then moved some chicks up to the chicken house, I moved some more on Saturday as well. I also started working on a new quilt block, one that I liked better than what I was doing, that would let me be a bit more free. So I came up with my wonky 9 patch block. Its 17 inches square, and the wonky part of it is in the 2 inch squares I sew together to make up the boarder. I sew them so that they come out different sizes, and such. Its not for the feint of heart though. Its easy to make, but the part where you sew crooked seams...on purpose might get some people. But I like the way it looks, and I think its going to be a fun country quilt for a little girl on my list. (that and I like the fact that I'm using up scrap fabric quickly...who knew I had so much pink)

Its calling for snow...that dirty 4 letter word...looking ahead to next week, its calling for snow then as well. *sigh* this winter just needs to be done.

Today is a light day for me. I figure its Sunday, its cold out, and I may have over done it the last couple of days, because my hips legs and toes hurt. So just the basics, keeping a check on the chickens, and dogs, and doing some light housework, and fixing dinner, and cleaning that up...and that's about it on my agenda for the day. If I didn't have to go out and buy bread I would probably stay in my pajamas all day. (if I would have thought about it, I would have baked some yesterday or early this morning but its too late for that now)

Well that's it from here!!! Hope you guys are warm and safe wherever you may be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment