Recipes

Friday, March 7, 2014

Thursday Talk

Well, as I told you guys yesterday, I was listing my trio of Easter/Olive Eggers for sale. I put them up on Craigslist last night, and in less than 2 hours, I got an answer!!! A really nice lady with young children bought them. I would be lying if I said I wasn't sad to see them go, BUT I'm glad that they are going to a good home.

So, the big beauty I have a picture of on here today is one of the first chicks that we had ever hatched out. She's from our own backyard flock, I couldn't get a picture of her sister, because she was hanging out under the one coop rolling in the bedding. (I guess they have to do something for entertainment). Its hard to believe that these gals are 5 months old already. We only have 2 left from that first hatching, because the other 5 were boys, and well, let me just say, they are quite tasty.  The mother to these two mixed breed girls is a Red Star, and she is not nearly this big, so it really makes me wonder how big her parents are. We all know just how big Sinatra is, so we know that Daddy is a good size. I do find my two gals to be really pretty though, so hopefully they turn out to be good layers so that we can keep them for a while.

I talked to a really great lady on FB this morning, that I got hooked up with through a FB group for Virginia farmers. We are bartering worms for Breeding Rabbits. I looked at some of her bunnies on her FB page, and I must say she has some absolutely beautiful Rabbits. I can tell that they are very well cared for, and I'm quite excited to start raising rabbits this way. So, I suppose My Little Farm is really growing. Its going to be really exciting when we can get pigs.

So, hopefully you guys are keeping warm wherever you may be. I'm thinking happy spring thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment