Recipes

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Random stuff





Today has been a busy day here at the farm. Frank and I both had our 6 month dental check up/cleaning this morning, then we came home, and he had some paperwork, and I had some basic farm/craft stuff to do. I had to check the moisture level in the worm tubs, had to spray a bit of water there, and then I'd been wanting to try my hand at those feed sack bags everybody seems to be making. Mine didn't turn out the best, BUT it was only my first one, I plan on trying again really soon, only next time I'm going to use wooden clothes hangers, rather than stick pins.   Then of course there was feeding and watering the birds...all of them...inside and out.

I'm about to list my 3 pullets for sale that hatched out of the olive colored eggs. They aren't laying yet, but I need to work on making room for these new chicks that will be outside in no time at all. I'm fairly certain that along with the Cornish Rocks, the 5 mutt birds from our own back yard will be able to go out at the same time. Its amazing how fast our mutt birds grow compared to pure breed chicks.

I'm also about to list a couple of pounds of my worms for sale. Its either that, or get more tubs, and divide the tubs up again...and to be honest, I just don't have the room quite yet for that. I really do plan on having a building for my worm stuff, but I think that's a ways off.

So, hope you guys are all having a wonderful Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment