Recipes

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day in the chicken House




Just thought I would post a few pictures of today's happenings in the chicken house. Up top there is the young rooster I was talking about earlier. As you all can see, he's still working on growing out those big tail feathers. I guess he's going through that awkward growing faze...he does seem to have his own Harem of girls though. It looks like the young Rhode Island Red gals like to stick close to him. They are pretty close in age anyways.

Then we have Sinatra hanging out down on the ground looking to see if there's anything good on the ground to eat. Sometimes some of the chick food gets spilled...and then we have the Buff Rock sitting in the nest thinking about laying an egg...which she did!!! (yay)

And finally as you can see, I have 2 eggs in the nest box that I grabbed a photo of...the brown one is a French Black Copper Marans egg, and the smaller white one is a Leghorn egg. (hooray)

Once we can start cleaning in there, I do plan on washing the walls in there. Its gotten kind of dirty in there with them hanging out in there so much over the winter. Its going to be a busy day once we get in there and start cleaning. I guess you could say I'll be cleaning from top to bottom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment