Recipes

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Quick Break

Happy Saturday everybody!!! Its been a busy day here today so far. This morning when the hubby got home from work, the two of us set off to pick more of those delectable Raspberries. We've gotten more already between last night and this morning than we did in the last two years combined. I'm thinking from the looks of things that this is just a great year for berries.

We had something new pop up for us this year. We now have growing, Red Raspberries!!! It was quite the surprise. Of course, we know how they got there obviously...some little birdie was eating them somewhere else, and then happened to poop them there, where they decided to grow. Where the Reds are good, they aren't nearly as good as the blacks, so we have to be careful not to let them take over and kill out the blacks. I'm going to keep an eye on them though so I can get them picked as soon as they are ripe.  We've been watching our black berries as well, and they are still hard and green. I want to try to get them as soon as they are ripe, because they flash from the heat rather quickly.

I managed to make it to the coop this morning before they closed. That's where we've started getting our chicken and rabbit feed. the price is excellent, but I'm not a fan of their hours. They close at noon on Saturdays, and are closed on Sundays. Well, I don't mind the Sunday part, but it does make it hard when you are just running around like mad trying to keep up with everything.

I'm officially on watch for new layers in the chicken house. Its getting close, I should have at least 2 or 3 getting ready to lay here soon. I had some that we hatched out in February. So, those 4 should start laying here within the next few weeks. (fingers crossed)

I went ahead and set up the nest box for Doris. Even though we don't know for sure that either of our two bunnies are indeed pregnant, I thought It was better to be safe than sorry. I do hope that if Doris is pregnant, that she will give birth to them in the nest box this time, and that she won't eat them this time either. I'm also hoping that since Ethel has been working so hard on her nest over the past week, that she is indeed pregnant, and not having a false pregnancy. (You know, hatching eggs is so much easier, because while waiting for them to hatch, you can candle them, and know for sure if something is growing or not)

Bella has been doing well not sleeping in her crate at night. I'm waiting until we can start letting her sleep in the bedroom though. For now we are taking turns sleeping in the living room, with her and the boys. Although, Sam has decided that the crate is his. I think he likes the fact that its cave like in there. I'm wondering if we will ever be able to get rid of that crate. I'm thinking at this rate, probably not.

Ok, its time for me to move on, I need to set out something to thaw for dinner, and then I'm going to start on that 5 ingredient bread that I want to try. I've been looking at all kinds of Facebook recipe's that I'm getting written down to try. Some of them are so quick and easy, and then some of them are like...naaahh...but I want to try making more of them to review, and share with you as to weather its worth making or not.

Alright...I'm off!!! Until my next blog...have a fantastic day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment