Recipes

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hatching Eggs

Good Morning everybody!!!! Its grey and dreary here today, and calling for scattered storms all day...we need the rain, so I'm pretty happy about that. I'm hoping that it helps with the humidity today as well. I think all of my critters would love a break from the humidity.

So, we are about to embark on a new adventure!!! We are going to start selling some hatching eggs on eBay.  I'm going to start with some Rhode Island Reds, and then some Tetra Tint eggs.  I'm going to sell about a dozen plus 4 at a time. I'm going to do a listing about once a month, and then go from there.  Seeing as I only have 5 Rhode Island Red hens at this time, and 5 White Leghorns (they make the tetra tints with the RIR rooster). If we do well, I plan on hatching out some RIR chicks later on this summer, and then ordering some more Leghorns. In the spring we will have the fertilized Easter Egger hatching eggs, so that's pretty exciting.  We haven't decided on prices yet, because we don't want to undercut too much with there being other sellers, but we don't want to over price either. Once I start listing, I'll post the link.

If you are interested in ordering hatching eggs directly through me, you can email me at crochetbrandi@gmail.com  I will soon have a facebook page set up for our farm stuff, to go along with this blog, with daily pictures and updates as well. I'll let you all know about that as well once I get it up and running. That will probably be a while down the road though.

No comments:

Post a Comment