Recipes

Friday, June 20, 2014

Picking Black Raspberries






Its that time of the year!!! We are well into June, and the black raspberries are getting ripe. They are as you can see ready to be picked. Even though we had an incredibly harsh winter, it did something great for the berry briars. I didn't even get halfway around the yard, and I had picked so much for so long (6 cups, and that's pretty good for me by myself) that I had to stop. When my hubby gets home in the morning, we have plans to go ahead and pick some more. Then there will be more ripe tomorrow evening, so I'll pick then as well if its not raining.

As you can see, my buddy Jasper helped me to pick some berries. (By helped, I mean he was eating them as I was picking them) These are nice and juicy this year as well, so I'm good and stained up.

Then, I was quite startled by something jumping in the grass, and once my heart restarted, I saw that it was one of those little tree frogs!!! None of the dogs paid him any mind, so he just kept on hopping along. I'm always glad to see those every summer. They may be little, but they still eat their share of mosquitos. (and that's a happy thing)

I'm not sure what I'm planning on making out of these berries this year, but I'll keep you all updated on that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment