Recipes

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Another Day on the Farm




I've been trying to get some better pictures of my bunnies, but that's hard to do...but I managed to get some...I managed to get Hudsen, Fred, Cadburry, and Betty. I love me some Betty, she might not be the most loveable bunny, but man she is beautiful!!!

The weather has been really hot, I promised myself I wouldn't use the H word, but I just did...really its the humidity, and honestly, it doesn't bother me as much as it does the fact that I can't bring all of my animals in the house, so I spend lots of extra time making sure their water is cold, and that they have ice bottles to help keep them cool. I'm hoping that we will be able to have a building up by fall. Its not looking like summer time will happen, but hopefully fall will for sure. I'm just going to have to work extra hard through these summer months to keep them as comfortable as I humanly can.

Today I sent two of my roosters off to a new home. I was sad to see Spot go, but we can only keep so many roosters at a time. The other rooster that went with Spot, was one that we missed when we butchered the other week. I kind of feel like if he managed to blend in well enough to get missed, he deserves a pass to get to live.  They are going to live on a farm where they will be able to free range and live happily. (I know I'm not supposed to allow myself to get so attached to the livestock, but well this happens.)

We've been working with Bella on her house behavior. Its getting so much better. As of right now, she's not sleeping in her crate, which has made a huge difference in her behavior. She actually sleeps more solid at night, and is less wound up during the day. We've been trying not to put her in the crate during the day unless we are going somewhere, or if Sam and Jasper need a time out from her because she's gotten to be too wound up. Today was a much better day though, and she hasn't had to go in there. Instead of getting wound up when she gets tired, she's actually just laid down on the dog bed and took a nap. Little steps.

Well, the day is over, so I'm going to turn down the lights and put my feet up. I need to do a little bit of research, so I'm probably going to do that. I hope you all have a fantastic night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment