Recipes

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Mail Call!!!





Sometimes, going to the post office in the middle of the week can be lots and lots of fun, especially when you are picking up something that's making such a cute little peeping noise, although that can get a bit loud once you get them home, and they are having their moment of reorientation.

Several months ago, we ordered some Easter Egg pullets and 1 rooster. I'm thinking they must have had a waiting list, because of our projected hatch date. There are 16 in total. I have to admit though, that these are the most adorable chicks I have ever seen, and I've seen and said that about a lot of chicks!!!

We ordered these guys from Cackle Hatchery, and I must say, the size, health, and energy of these guys, and the fact that they all picked up on drinking from the water dish really fast, after I dipped their beaks, makes me realize that we picked a great place to order from. This isn't our first online order though, we have ordered from...oh the day is late, and it just will not come to me at the moment, but it probably will after I've turned off the laptop and have put it away. 

But, by spring, we will have fertilized hatching eggs ready for sale!!! (well we have fertilized hatching eggs now, but they are Rhode Island Red for purebred, and then barnyard mix for the rest) I'm pretty excited about that. Its part of my plan to make our farm a little more self sustaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment