Recipes

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

more stuff

Yesterday was another one of those busy days in the chicken world. I cleaned the chicken house, with a shovel and a rake, and I think it must have been one of the nastiest chores ever when it comes to chickens. Especially when its warmer weather. By the time I was done, there was no doubt that I had to take a shower. The clothes I was wearing went right into the washing machine, with a second rinse cycle. (I was feeling pretty dirty) But I put down 3 new bags of bedding.

Later on in the evening once it cooled off, the hubby and I put together a nest box stand. It was great, it looks much better in the chicken house to have all of the nest boxes together, and up. Of course Buffy was the first chicken to get in there, as always. (My Buff Rock, who has a pass to live since she was part of the original 8)

Later on in the evening, we sold the last 2 of the White Leghorn pullets that we bought as chicks in the spring. I wasn't really much into wanting to let them go, but somebody wanted them, and I needed just a bit of extra space for the birds anyways.

Today I'm going to try a new bread recipe that I found, that was floating around Face Book. I'm thinking if Its any good, I'll share it here for you guys. Its a 5 ingredient recipe. The pictures looked tasty, so keep an eye out for the recipe if I like it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment