Recipes

Monday, June 9, 2014

Catch up part 2 The chicken addition

Alright! We got the bunnies posted about!!!! Now its time to move on to the chicken stuff!!! On Satruday, we butchered a bunch of chickens, with the help of My husbands Sister, and her husband. The kids came along, which was awesome, because they got to see where some of their food comes from. They didn't help, but I wouldn't want them to, unless they really wanted to.  We had so very many roosters!!! In fact, when I was out doing some of the chicken chores, I spotted what I think is a rooster, that we may have missed. I'm not sure yet though, because its very hard to tell with that one.
It was 17 roosters, and a Cornish rock, who is in the crock pot right now. She/he was a really big chicken!!!

My one lone Silver Lace Wyandotte has gotten quite beautiful. My Buff Orpingtons have finally started getting big, which is awesome. Sinatra is still ruling the roost, and I think is quite happy that there are not so many teenage roosters running around. Ralph, my Easter Egg chick, still has a very green head, which is good, because we have to deliver the chicks that belong to somebody else. (We went in on a chick order with somebody else) I think its going to be a bit hard to say goodbye to some of these chicks, because they have such personality!!!!! (its a good thing that these chicks are going to be for fertile hatching eggs.

So other than that, that's about all the chicken news there is...enjoy the following pictures!!!! And have a great Monday!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment