Recipes

Thursday, June 5, 2014

flour free pancakes


Yup, you read it right!!! I saw one of those facebook food posts that people are always posting, and this one kept popping up over and over and over again, and I finally couldn't stand it anymore, and decided that I absolutely positively had to make these!!! There was no way around it, I wanted to taste them in the worst way.

These have only two simple ingredients. It calls for 1 banana and 2 eggs. Yup that's it.
All you have to do is take a blender, and blend everything together until the eggs and banana are liquid. Then you cook them just like pancakes...except these take just a little bit longer to cook than regular pancakes, and as you can see from my bungled pancake on the griddle there, you've got to make sure they are ready to be turned. But after about two batches, I got it right. I had to make two batches, because when the hubs tasted them, he liked them so much he wanted more. Each batch makes about 6 small pancakes.

Surprisingly they don't taste as much like bananas as I would have thought they would. They have a nice mild flavor, and don't even really need pancake syrup.  Since my hubs is a diabetic, this is a perfect breakfast idea.

Well, hope you all enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment