Recipes

Monday, November 18, 2013

What do Farmers/homesteaders do in the winter????

It would be so easy to believe that Fall/winter/early spring would be down time for those of us who homestead, or Farm, but that's not true. There really is a lot to be done. There is quilting, cleaning, organizing, we still have to tend the animals, maybe even a little extra to make sure they are warm, and nothing is frozen. Plus, if you raise chickens for laying eggs, or meat, you are still caring for Chicks. You will be raising your chicks for Egg laying now so that they will be ready to lay in the spring.

For me, right now, I'm going through and doing a lot of cleaning. I'm getting rid of a lot of things. I work off of a list.  Since my hubby is on daylight hours this week, I've made myself a list of the bigger things I want to get done. I also always have something to crochet as I try to get a couple of orders on a regular basis. There aren't always orders to be made, but it doesn't hurt to keep up the skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment