Recipes

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Green Bean Casserole

First off, I'd like to say, Happy Thanksgiving to all of my readers. From what I understand I do have readers from many different countries, and I find that to be really awesome!!! If any of you, my readers have your own blogs, please, feel free to add me to your reading list, and I'll add you back. I go through and read blogs almost daily. Its always fun to see what people are doing on their farms, or with their hobbies, and what they are cooking!!!

I'm fairly certain most of you are already done with the majority of their cooking. My family isn't celebrating Thanksgiving until this Saturday when everybody can be together due to work, or other family get togethers. As we know that happens once everybody gets married, has children, and so on.

Today I'm sharing with you a traditional Holiday Casserole. Green Beans are a very common dish at every get together, but sometimes, its fun to spice it up, and do something a bit different.

This recipe makes 4-6 servings, but is easily doubled, but if your family is like mine, 4-6 servings might be more than enough because there's going to be so much food there already that everybody is only going to take a little bit of everything.

1 & 1/2 lbs. sausage
1 quart green beans, fresh or frozen
10 & 3/4 oz. can mushroom soup
5 large potatoes, cooked until tender and sliced
3 Tbsp. oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste

1. Crumble or slice sausage into large skillet and cook until browned, stirring frequently.

2. In saucepan, cook green beans until crisp tender.

3. Alternately layer sausage, green beans and mushroom soup into greased casserole dish.

4.  Pour oil into skillet where sausage browned and add sliced potatoes. Cook over high heat, stirring  them up from the bottom frequently, until all are browned and crispy, but not burned.

5. Layer over top of casserole and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated through.

Hope everybody has a happy and safe Thanksgiving.  Remember, Be thankful for what you have, and worry not about the things that you don't have, and that friends are just as important as family.

No comments:

Post a Comment