Recipes

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Baby Baby Goodbye

We had a massive chick hatching here that took place over a two day period, and is still happening right now.  I'm thinking a couple of the eggs might not hatch.

Today we are going to be delivering 20 of those chicks to their new home. Plus we now have a new home for those 11 free rooster chicks!!! Hoorah!!! I'll be a little sad to see those 11 go, but not too sad the way they eat. I believe I've been a bit overwhelmed by this massive amount of chicks we've had. Partly because it's just not something I'm used to.

I am however keeping 4 of the chicks that hatched out, 3 of them are grey, and one is yellow with black spots. If I'm lucky they will be female, and I'll be able to add them to my egg layers for the summer. If not, then well, it's soup.

Yesterday I got a happy surprise! One of my Black Copper Marans laid an egg for me. That was quite welcome since they haven't laid for about 2 maybe 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment