Recipes

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Brunch Egg Casserole

What do you do with all those eggs???? I get asked this question a lot!!! Well we do give some away, right now, since its Really cold out, I'm only getting a couple of eggs a day. I guess I can't blame the poor girls, I don't care for all the cold either!!! Brrrrr

We eat a lot of eggs, fried eggs, eggs in batter, scrambled, and in casseroles.  To me there is nothing better than an egg casserole. I mean, yeah, I have to crack all of those eggs into a bowl, and since I'm a little weird, I crack them in one bowl, and pour them over into another. Mostly it has to do with my fear of there being a chick in there. It hasn't happened to me yet, maybe because for the most part we eat and give them away rather quickly.

I'm going to share with you all one of my favorite Egg Casserole recipe's.  Its called Brunch Egg Casserole, but well, the way our schedule works around here, its good for any time.

this makes 8 - 10 servings

8 slices bread, toasted and cubed
1 lb sausage, browned
8-12 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
8 eggs beaten
4 cups milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp prepared mustard
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp pepper

1. Spread toasted bread cubes in greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Layer on meat, and cheese

2. Mix together eggs, milk, salt, mustard, onion powder, and pepper. pour over mixture in baking dish


3. Refrigerate overnight, or bake immediately at 325 for 45 - 50 min (bake up to 1 hour if casserole has been refrigerated)

Hope everybody enjoys!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment