Recipes

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Crockpot Macaroni And Cheese

Its hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner, even though its later this year than I've ever known it to be. We spend Thanksgiving with my husbands family, so the menu is divided up between 4 of us, which means the load is lighter. I have about 4 or 5 things on my list. One of the things is Apple pie, and I'll be using the apple pie filling I made last month.

Another one of the things I'm making is crockpot macaroni and cheese. I generally make baked macaroni, but decided to change it up this year. I've tried this recipe before and its really yummy. I thought I would share it with you all, just in case your looking for something easy to make that will also sort of save some time!!!

This only makes 6 servings, but is really easy to double or triple.

8 oz. dry elbow macaroni, cooked
3-4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
13. oz can evaporated milk
1 and 1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
chopped onion to taste

1. Combine all ingredients, except 1 cup cheese, in greased slow cooker. Sprinkle reserved cup of cheese over top.

2. Cover. Cook on low 3-4 hours. Do not remove the lid or stir until the mixture has finished cooking

That's it! Simple as that, and chances are you wont have any left overs!!!

I'll be posting more recipes this week!!!
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment