Recipes

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Eggs and chickens

Yes...I know, you can't have one without the other...:)

We have a batch of eggs in the incubator. I started out with 34, and now have 32. Today was day 7. One of them wasn't fertile, and one had a blood ring, so those two were removed. I an proud to say though, that those two weren't from my chickens, they were from the batch we bought to hatch out. I put about 4 or 5 in from my girls, and three are looking good. I'm really happy though that the olive green eggs are developing nicely. Now let's just hope they are girls, because I want them to be so bad!!!! Of course because I want them to be pullets and not cockerels, I'll end up with all cockerels 

My chickens are giving me 4 eggs a day right now!!! I'm pretty thrilled with that!!! Hooray...I have 3 that are laying daily, and then 3 that seem to be taking turns. I'm hoping my black copper marans take off again soon. One just finished multing, and her feathers are growing back now. I'm hoping that means I'll get something soon from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment