Recipes

Monday, December 1, 2014

Quick and easy Sausage and pasta bake


Sometimes, we just want to bake something quick, and easy, that's tasty. I've had my fill of turkey as you can all imagine right about now. One day a couple of months ago, I was walking through the store trying to decide just what I wanted to make for dinner, and I LOVE pasta, I'm not going to lie, I could live off of pasta if it weren't for the fact that my husband is a diabetic, and well, I love him way more than I love pasta. But this tasty dish goes something like this

Take 1 small onion and fry it up with 1 pound of loose meat sausage. While that's cooking up, dump a half of a 1 pound box of Rotini pasta (the twisty noodle) into some boiling water and cook until its done. Once your sausage and onions are cooked, dump in 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce while your noodles are draining, and then dump it all together and mix well. Once its all nice and mixed up, put it in a baking dish, and drop random chunks of your favorite cheese on top, and bake at 350 until the cheese is melted and crusty looking. That's it, and I can tell you that my husband likes this way more than spaghetti even though its almost the same thing. It does have a diff flavor though I'm thinking.

I think I like this recipe because it comes together so quickly, and during this busy holiday season, quick and tasty is a good thing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment