Recipes

Monday, December 1, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus



Yes, this is absolutely recipe night at the Miller Farm!!! It would appear that I walk around taking pictures of everything I cook wouldn't it??? But no, I only take pictures of recipes I plan on sharing with you guys, and unfortunately, they have been building up in my camera, and the stack of recipes to share with you guys has been stacking up here on the table next to the lap top.

Now, this is as tasty as it sounds, and looks (well the cooked picture looks pretty good) I took this to my husbands family for Thanksgiving for a little something different. As much as I love everything that everybody brings, sometimes its nice to shake things up a bit. These did seem to be a hit, which was awesome, and my older nephew took the 2 bundles home with him, so no leftovers to drag back home with me on that one!!!

This recipe is so simple, and when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. I love bacon, I love Fresh asparagus, how can you go wrong????

What you will need

1 bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed to 6 inch lengths
1 to 2 tablespoons Olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
6 - 8 slices of bacon cut in half

What you do

In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, olive oil, salt and pepper, and gently mix it until the asparagus is coated well with the oil and seasonings.  Let it stand for a few minutes.
Then for each bundle, wrap 3 to 4 pieces of asparagus with a half a slice of bacon, and then lay it on a cookie sheet that is not greased, and has rims to keep the bacon grease from going all over the bottom of your oven. then bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, until the asparagus is tender, and the bacon is crisp. This will make 4 to 6 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment