Recipes

Monday, December 1, 2014

Gluten Free Pie Crust


Holiday treats are always the best!!! Every year I look forward to pumpkin pie, but what about those poor souls who love pie, but have a gluten intolerance like some of the people in my family have??? Well, as this is becoming a more and more common thing, some of the big companies are jumping on the gluten free wagon, and making it easier for people to have access to products that make baking easier (maybe not cheaper, but easier for sure) So far, the product I like best is the Pillsbury Best Gluten Free Multi purpose flour. After searching the web, and finding a recipe that gave me the basics, and then completely re writing it to suit my own purposes, and taste buds, I have a pie crust recipe that's not too bad!!! Now, this isn't one you will really be able to roll out, unless you chill it for a longer period of time than what I have on here, but I am a horrible pie crust roller outer anyways, and tend to cheat and buy pre made roll out pie crust. But they don't make that gluten free yet that I've found. When I make pie crust from scratch, it tends to be the kind that when you mix it up, you just press it out into the pie plate, which is what I did with this dough. SO!!!  Here is my recipe, and I hope you all enjoy it!!!

1 Cup Pillsbury Best Gluten Free flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter slightly softened
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons ice water

1.  In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix flour, and salt and butter on medium speed until the mixture resembles a fine meal with no large pieces of butter remaining.

2.  Add eggs one at a time, until well mixed, and then add the 2 tablespoons of ice water, and mix until well mixed. Now the dough will be very tacky, and once you get as much of it as you can off of the mixers, put in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Dough will be firmer, and easier to handle.

3.  Press dough into pie plate and up the sides, until its evenly pressed into plate.

Bake following pie baking instructions.

I hope you enjoy, and find this to be as tasty as we did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment