Recipes

Monday, August 11, 2014

Weekend Fun and more







Happy Monday!!! I hope you all had a great weekend!!! This weekend was the Rout 11 yard crawl. That's where there is a full weekend of yard sales that stretch across 3 states. We stayed here in Woodstock though. We went on Saturday, and found some fun stuff. My favorite find was a Bread Maker that I picked up for $3.00, and the best part is, it works!!! Frank found some guy stuff, oh, and I found a couple of Sammy Davis records.

Bella is doing great with the invisible fence!! She loves playing with her brothers. She will play and play, until she pretty much so comes in and drops. We are trying her again out of the crate at night. We are on night 3 with no accidents in the house. She loves to sleep in the bed with us. (Right now, she's laying on the giant dog pillow in the corner snoring.)

We have made a whole lot of soup over the last week. I didn't get any pictures of the beef soup, but we got 11 quarts of chicken soup and 21 quarts of beef soup. We have to call the coop to see when the guy is coming around that checks pressure cooker gauges. I have another pressure cooker that was given to us, that we haven't used. We need to get it a new ring, and get that gauge checked so we don't blow anybody or anything up.

Its looking like Ethel and Doris are both pregnant for sure!!! We still can't figure out how to palpate them. That's something that comes with practice from what I understand. Ethel is due the 21st, and then Doris is due the 22nd.  I'm not going to try to look ahead too far with Ginger, because of the false pregnancy she had the other month. Frank thinks that she is, and I'm thinking she is too, but, I'm going to wait. I'm going to give Ethel her nest box on Monday, I'll wait a little bit with Doris, because she likes to turn her nest box into a potty.

Hope everybody has a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment