Recipes

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Growing babies!!!!




Well, thought I'd post some more really adorable baby bunny pictures!!!!
That first picture up there is probably going to be the most adorable picture I will have ever taken in my entire life...lets face it, when 2 baby bunnies cuddle up together like that, its just..well you see the picture.

As you can see they are all growing quickly. I was able to get Doris's nest box out of her cage today, and got to do an actual count. She had 11 in there. When I was counting them the other day, I think I must have counted one or two of them twice. I put them in a basket filled with straw. I wanted to make sure that I had an actual accurate count. I moved two of them over into Doris's nest box, because they were underfed. With those large numbers, you can imagine there were some not getting enough food. We will be going to the Coop in the morning to get some green tattoo paste to rub carefully into the ears of the two we put in with Doris. We will be able to tell them apart by the size. They are rather pitiful.

Now, the baby in my hand is the exact same one I posted a picture of in my hand yesterday. I was hoping that it was a lilac, BUT its a chocolate!!! If this little baby turns out to be a girl, I will be adding her to my breeding program, but if she is a he, then he will go up for sale. (This is the baby of Fred and Ethel, and has a full pedigree. It will also get a tattoo if there is a buyer for it.)

I plan on trying to take pictures of the little Chocolate bunny (somebody jokingly told me not to eat the ears). I want to take pics as he grows. I think it would be fun to do a kind of as he grew post.

No comments:

Post a Comment