Recipes

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Quilt top, complete



Hello out there in Blogger land!!! As you can see, I've been diligently working on my quilt tops. Now, this quilt top isn't exactly a scrap quilt, but it does have some scrap fabric in it. The scraps, are the green pieces of fabric. I didn't really use a pattern for this, I just picked a block, and went with it. I'm hoping that the next quilt top I work on goes together as quickly and as easily as this one did.

I've decided that after I finish my next actual lap sized quilt, I'm going to start working on a couple of king size sampler quilts. I like a sampler quilt I think, because each block is different, and hard to get board with.

So, some more happy news. our Sausage grinder came in the mail today. Oh, how I love Amazon!!! This fits onto my kitchen aid stand mixer, which I absolutely love, and it was much cheaper to order it through Amazon, than it was to order it through the Kitchen aid site.

We will be doing another chicken butcher here in the next couple of weeks. We're going to go ahead and butcher the last of our older chickens, and then we will start on the 7 young roosters that we have in the grow out pen. I decided that I really didn't want to put them in with everybody else. I'm just keeping them in the grow out pen, until butchering is done. it will make catching them much easier as well.

Ethel and Doris are both due in exactly one week. Ethel is due the 21st, and Doris is due the 22nd. So, I guess not Exactly one week. I'll be giving them their nest boxes here soon. I'm thinking Sunday I'll give them the nest boxes. Ginger is Due on the 31st, so she wont get her's for a good week.


No comments:

Post a Comment