Recipes

Monday, August 25, 2014

Baby Bunny pictures, and more










OK, lets face it, you've been dying to see the pictures of my baby bunnies!!! I've been dying to get my hands on the little guys, and to get some pictures snapped. These are Ethel's babies....and as you can see, Ethel is letting me in her nest box, but was keeping a very close eye on what was going on. She's a very good Mommy as you can tell. That little baby was so squirmy, warm and just adorable that I was holding. Its a very light shade of blue, so I'm quite excited to see how he/she turns out. We are really hoping for some lilacs, so its kind of a wait and see. From the looks of Ethel's nest box, her littler was very blue heavy.  Now, I will tell you all, that all of our rabbits are 100% pure Silver Fox. (well, not the ones here in the house, but the ones we are currently breeding) Ethel's fur has a rust look to it because of the sun hitting it. We managed to get the sun off of everybody, but unfortunately we didn't get it in time. That should come out once their fur grows out for the season, or whatever it is rabbit fur does.

So, did you look closely at my egg cartons there??? Do you see the pretty green egg nestled in with the rest??? Yup!!! I did finally manage to get a picture of one of my colorful eggs!!! I must say, its so exciting to see. I can't wait until I know if all of my Easter Egg Hen's are laying that are out there now. (Well the grown up ones, not the ones that are obviously not going to start laying for quite a while)

So, Ginger was REALLY grumpy earlier, and got super mad at her food, and started digging it out of her feeder, and she was even grunting at me. I'm pretty sure its hormonal since she's due at the end of this week. So, I got a fresh bale of hay out, and took it into the rabbit house. I was like, WELLLLL....lets do the hay test. When I opened the door to let her in there, she charged the door...but when she saw the hay, she got really happy, and passed the hay test. I went ahead and got her nest box out, and put the bottom in it, and then filled it really full of hay. As soon as I got it in her cage, she was right in it, and as you can see, has started making a great nest already. I'm going to keep giving her hay, because she's happiest when she has some to carry around, and I just want to be able to get in that cage if I have to. From the way she's acting, and the way she's started breathing, I'm thinking she's going to go a little bit early.

    Now, for the big news!!!! Doris Finally let me into her nest box. I pulled it out, because I needed to check to make sure that there were no dead babies in there. I mean, the way she has that nest box filled with fur, I couldn't keep a check in there to see whats going on. So, I get in there and go to count the 8 bunnies that were supposed to be in there. The Eight Bunnies that were part of ONE of the holes she has them buried in....I counted twice...there are 12 or 13 babies in there!!!! I was really surprised, not by the number, because if you all remember that ill fated first litter she had, she had given birth to 15. What I was surprised about was the fact that they were all really well fed. Once I put that nest box back in her cage, she simply checked her box, fixed the coverage the way she wanted it, and went back to eating. I must say, that was a great surprise.  Doris also had a large littler of blue kits. It would appear that my rabbits all carry the blue jean really heavily.

    I will keep taking pictures as things progress, because there is nothing cuter than Baby Bunnies!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment