Recipes

Sunday, August 17, 2014

More Sunday Funday






Hello! As the day winds down here on my small farm, I thought I would share the rest of the weekend with you guys.
So, as you can see, I have a new chicken that I can take selfies with. Its taken a bit, but now she lets me carry her around just like Spot did. She doesn't have a name, but I'm working on it. I think she needs something that fits in with the rest of the animal names on the farm. My darling husband dislikes it when I get into naming the animals.
Earlier I was in the chicken house. I was bent down looking at a few things. Well, I felt something or somebody looking at me, when I turned my head, I found I was face to face with Martin. Now Martin isn't the biggest rooster on earth, but he is a good size. I must admit, I was a bit petrified, so I slowly and carefully stood up, making sure not to make any sudden motions. He stayed by my side the whole time I was working, and then when I was finished, he followed me right back out of the chicken house. I didn't realize it, but he does tend to follow me around. He doesn't let me pick him up or anything like that, but he does follow me.
As you can see, Doris is certainly ready to pop!!! She's working on making her nest now as we speak. I'm hoping she doesn't go early. Waiting really is hard, but if all goes well, I'm hoping she will be a good mom.
Speaking of Moms, my mom made some peach bread, and nicely shared it with us. She also gave me the recipe, which I will be sharing with you all. As you can see, she really enjoyed making the jelly. I have a feeling she's going to want to help every time I make jelly, which is ok with me, because it can be a hot job.
And FINALLY...here is a pic of two of our young roosters which will be headed to the pot. They really are quite beautiful. I'm kind of sorry I don't have enough room to see how they would turn out as they get older.
Watch tomorrow for the peach bread recipe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment