Recipes

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Happy Saturday


Greetings everybody, from our little farm!!! As you can see, I now have a chicken who lets me carry her around the pen, and that makes me happy. I love having a chicken that lets me carry her around. She's one of Sinatra's off spring. One of the little gals that we hatched out back in the spring. She is by the way laying again.

Sam and Jasper are enjoying this cooler weather that we've had. This has in all honesty been a very cool summer. I'm not going to lie, I have been enjoying it greatly. It's been nice not having to feel like I need a shower when I go out and come back in from doing animal stuff. We've had little to no humidity.

Tonight, I'm going to be teaching my mom how to make jam. We're making black raspberry. I think she's going to have fun with that, although its a little odd that I'm teaching my mom, and not the other way around. But that's not how she grew up, and its not how I grew up. My mother in law actually taught me how to make jams and jellies, and my husband taught me how to can soups, and veggies and such.  I'm hoping to have pictures of tonight's adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment