Recipes

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Our New addition






Yup, you read that right, our New addition...its not something I bought, or hatched, just a friendly little visitor who is here for the summer. We have a little toad who is living on/under our front porch. I've dubbed him Pierre...I don't know why I'm calling him that, and neither does Frank...I don't even know if he is a he and not a she. It doesn't really matter though, because he's spending the summer eating the bugs that come out at night. Nobody bothers him, not even the dogs, which is awesome.

Since the 4th of July weekend, I decided to do a little grilling. I've got a little stove top thing that goes over top of two burners, and It makes the food looks grilled. (OK, so its not really grilled, its made on a griddle...humor me here) But it did come out pretty good, we had some steak, and some squash and zucchini, that I grilled with the steaks. Then I did baked potatoes (in the microwave) and salad. I'm not really an outside cooker, as you may or may not be able to tell.

Martin is pretty well all grown up. He will be a year old in November....that's just a few months away really. He and Sinatra are still working on working things out between the two of them. They do ok together in there. One of them sleeps on one roost at night, and one is on the other. They don't exactly share, but their happy with the way they do things.

My little chicks are all getting pretty big. My pullets are just weeks away from laying, and all of my chicks are now able to come out of their coops, and into the grow out pin. Its amazing just how fast chickens grow.

You know, I was thinking the other day, about the fact that Chicks come out of the shell able to walk, eat, drink and move around. Other birds, robins and such, have to be fed by momma bird. She has to basically make baby food for them, in order for them to be able to process. Isn't it kind of cool the difference between all of these birds????

And of course, my Sam. Sam is my dog, not my husbands and not ours, but mine. He has claimed me, and I have claimed him. According to Frank, he needs to be wearing a helmet, and that he's not a normal dog. He's just a little different, and spoiled...he did come to us a little different when we brought him home as a puppy. He's smart, and can take care of himself, don't get me wrong, he's just slightly different...lol

I'm hoping that nobody sets off fireworks tonight. I don't mind Fireworks on Fri and Sat nights, I think that tonight however, would be a great night to stop the celebration. I don't know that Bella could take another night of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment