Recipes

Friday, July 18, 2014

Fun Chicken Pictures







Hi everybody!!! Just thought I'd share some pics I took this morning of my girls and boys. As you can see those adorable little chicks that I bought/hatched back in the spring are all mostly fully grown now. A few of them have even started laying eggs. It wont be long until they are all laying!!!

I tried to get some pictures of my little Easter Egg pullets and rooster, and of my Tetra Tint pullets and cockerels, but all of the pictures came out blurry, because they just wont stop moving!!! they are fast movers.

Dot seems to be making a full recovery. I'm not sure if I told you all about her or not. She decided to go broody, and had not eaten for several days, and she went broody in a place where she was really hard to get to. So we managed to get her out, and Frank said that she had lost a significant amount of weight. So we put her in the grow out pen, where she would be away from eggs, and maybe the little chicks would be a help. (well they really aren't all that little) We also figured that the starter grower would be a great thing for her to eat. She has really perked back up. She's eating well too. I can't tell if she's gained any weight back yet or not, but I'm also making sure to give her handfuls of layer pellets so that she's getting all of the nutrients she needs. She's starting to get shiny again. Dot is my Dark Brahma. She's about 2 years old now, and is considered a senior chicken. She's one of my original chickens from when we first started. I have 4 of those girls left, and they are pet status. They and the Roosters are the only ones who are going to get to be pets.

Well, that's about it on this end for now!!! Hope you are all enjoying wonderful weather!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment