Recipes

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Egg Plant Lasagna

Sorry there are no pictures to go with this recipe, but my husband and I had pretty much so demolished this, before I thought to take a pic!!! My husband is diabetic, so its hard to find something that he can fill up on, without having to take a whole bottle of insulin. Well, this recipe fit that bill, and to top it off, it was extremely tasty!!!! So, I guess its almost perfect that post number 201 is a recipe!!! I think I've covered a lot here in the last week or so, farm pictures, recipes, crochet patterns, quilt stuff, and just everything that goes with living the little farm life!!!!

So, on with the recipe!!!!

1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick width wise
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
8 oz. can tomato sauce
6 oz. can tomato paste
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. container ricotta cheese
1 c. grated parmesan cheese
3 eggs
extra parmesan cheese for the top

Place the eggplant slices in a single layer on a greased baking pan. Brush the tops with olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until tender; cool. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over medium heat, brown beef and drain, then stir in mushrooms, tomato sauce, past, water and seasonings. Simmer over medium heat until thickened. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, and mix well. Coat a 13x9 baking pan with non-stick veg spray. Layer half each of beef mixture, cheese mixture, and eggplant slices. Repeat Layers; top with more parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 min until cooked through, and golden on top. Makes 6 servings.

That's it!!! This is the easiest recipe I've made yet, and plan on making it at least once a month if I can get away with it!!!   I'll have made it twice this month, because I'm making it for the next family gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment