Recipes

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Christmas Quilting On the Move

So, I've been working on making quilts for Christmas as you guys may remember. Well my sewing machine went down, and I didn't completely realize it, until I was way into the one quilt I was making. (I'm going to have to go through and take all of those blocks apart...that will make a great project while watching television)

Well, this is the first complete quilt top I've completed in a while. Its a horrible picture, I know, but I plan on getting a better picture later on. I'll either take it out and hang it on the clothes line, or get Frank to hold it up for me. This is a star wars quilt, for my youngest nephew. I saw that fabric, and I just knew!!!

This pattern came from my scrap therapy book. I love those books, but this is the first pattern I've actually managed to complete from out of it. I've started a few times, but never got very far. I guess I just wasn't overly motivated. This one has 180 little two inch squares.  I've been cutting them and stashing them for quite a while, so it was great to finally be able to use them!!! (and of course thanks to Mr. Ralph from the Sew in Vac here in town, my sewing machine is running better than ever!!!)

So, that being said, I plan on moving on to my next quilt. I'm going to use this same pattern for my niece Faith. I plan on making a larger quilt for my older nephew Jacob. I plan on making a quilt for my oldest nephew and his soon to be wife, but that's going to be a wedding gift. I'm going to make them a double wedding ring quilt, which I plan on starting on as soon as I get my next two quilts complete.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend so far!!!! Be safe, and enjoy this weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment