Recipes

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Miss Me?

Hello everybody!!! Sorry for the dry spell here this week, BUT its been a crazy week. Monday and Tuesday we were working on getting rabbits bred. We bred Ethel and Doris. The reason we bred Ethel instead of Ginger is we need to make sure that Fred isn't a dry rabbit. We actually did pretty good this time I think. We did Ethel on Monday, we put her in with Fred in the morning, and then 8 or 9 hours later we put her back in with Fred again. We left her in with him for about a half an hour each time. Her and Fred seem to be buddies anyways, which was kind of cute really. They cuddled up together some. (They have been neighbors since we brought them home) Fred fell off of her a total of 4 times.  Then Tuesday morning, we put Doris in with Fred, where he fell off of her twice, but that evening when we put her back in, he only got to fall off once. She was not having it, no matter how hard he tried. He kissed her face, nibbled her ears, and even sat on her head. (that was actually kind of funny) But finally after a half an hour, we went ahead and put her back in her own cage. She promptly took a pee once we put her back in her own cage. I'm hoping that not all of Fred's baby making juice (for lack of a better word) came out.

Then I've been working on house work, cooking, laundry, and quilt making. I'm actually almost finished with my first quilt. I'm working on putting the binding on it now. I'm hoping to have it finished today. I'm putting the binding on using a machine that I'm not completely familiar with. My regular machine is back in the shop again. I'll have pictures of that this week hopefully.

Yesterday for the first time since I've had chickens, I got 15 eggs!!!! That's just downright exciting. I'll be even more excited once my Easter Egg chickens start laying. That should be any time now. Waiting is always the hardest part.  Dot is still in the grow out pen with the chicks. She's starting to look a lot better, just older. I'm planning on keeping everybody in there for now, until I have everybody on layer feed. I have a couple more weeks to go before I can start mixing feed I think. I need to double check the packaging.

Bella and the boys are still doing great. Things could be a little bit better, but its getting there. I've a feeling its going to be winter before she is completely accepted by these two.








No comments:

Post a Comment