Recipes

Monday, July 28, 2014

onto the next project


Now that I've had a couple of days to let the excitement from completing the first of my Christmas gift quilts, I've moved onto cutting out the next quilt project. This one is for my niece Faith. I'm making her a Double Wedding Ring quilt throw. I'm doing throw size for the kids for now, because of my time crunch. I was hoping to make everybody bed size quilts, but that will have to wait. I'll make them bigger quilts once they get a little bit older, and as my skills get better. 
I'm trying to use pretty pastel scrap fabric for Faith's quilt. I'm making scrap quilts for everybody, but I know that I can control the color of the scraps that I'm using. So, as I go through my crates of scraps, I'm ironing and picking out the pretty scraps.
I chose the double wedding ring quilt, because other than the fact that I was having a hard time choosing a quilt pattern out of my scrap therapy quilt books, I realized I was going to need the practice making the DW quilt. My oldest nephew is getting married next October, and I plan to make him and his future wife a bed size DW quilt as a wedding gift. (practice makes perfect)
I'm cutting out enough pieces to make 2 DW throw sized quilts. I think it would be great to have an extra made, just in case I need an extra gift!!!
(hey, what crafter doesn't have a back up gift?)

No comments:

Post a Comment