Recipes

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday Farming

Well, happy Wednesday everybody!!!! I'm pretty well over the strep now. Still on the antibiotics, but I'll keep taking them till they are all gone. I think having Strep as an adult has to have been the worst thing I've ever experienced, and I've had the flue.

So, This weekend, Friday and Saturday the hubs and I are going to be doing some butchering. Our usual helper is unable to help out, so I'm going to be in there doing the hard work with the hubs. We're going to do small batches, which is why we're going to do it over a 2 day period. The one remaining Cornish rock will be the first to go before it has a chance to have a heart attack and die on us.  The Australorp, and Black Giant Roosters will be the first to go.  I'm not sure how many of those there are, because everybody runs around so crazy.  Then next week, the Silver Laced Wyandotte's, and French Black Copper Marans roo's will go. I have those two breeds up for sale on the Virginia Farm site on FB. If I don't get any takers, they will be meat for the freezer.

The bunnies are doing pretty good. Next month we'll be able to do our first breeding attempt with Fred and Ginger. Those are both blacks. (Betty is my only Chocolate right now) We have plans on turning into the cages into stackables. I'm not sure where we plan on getting the kits from for that just yet, but we need to decide soon I suppose. We need to make better room.

The worms LOVE the rabbit poo!!! Its really awesome, when I got to digging under there, they were just really wild and wiggly, and loving it!!! I'm hoping this means a jump in reproduction. I have some people interested in more, but I need them to recover from my last worm purge.

Sam and Jasper are in total Sibernation. The weather has gotten warm enough outside, that they are just way happier being inside, than out.  Of course that also means, that Jasper wants more rawhides.  He is totally addicted to rawhides. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that when they were puppies, we would order cases and cases of hides to help get them through that horrible puppy chewing stage. We did still loose some shoes, a couple of tv remotes, books, and some pencils...but it wasn't as bad as it could have been!!!

Alright, this has been your Wednesday Farm report!!! Hope you all hare having a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment