Recipes

Sunday, May 25, 2014

New Bunny

So, I picked up a new bunny today, She's a Blue Silver Fox, who is expecting her first batch of Kits next week. I wanted to get some pictures for you guys, but I think its going to have to wait until tomorrow when she's properly settled in, and a little bit more used to her new surroundings. She had a bit of a rough start, the poor thing. First I got her in her cage, and set up, with food and water, and the boys scared her pretty good, and without thinking I opened the door to put the nest box in for her, so that she could start getting ready for her upcoming birth, she jumped out of the cage. Now the good news is, the cages are inside a big dog kennel, so she wasn't completely free. BUT the bad news is, this excited the dogs, who were barking and jumping and just carrying on and making it even harder on her. Finally, she got herself wedged underneath of Ethel's cage, so I just picked Ethel's cage up, and THANKFULLY she let me pick her right up. I think she new I was a safe bet. When I went out to do the evening feed, I noticed that she has calmed down, and seems a bit settled. She's breathing a little hard, but I think that's because she's still a little wound up. I'm hoping that the excitement doesn't send her into early labor. I'm looking forward to babies, but I want them to get to go to full term.

The chicks I hatched out are doing fantastic by the way. Growing, eating, chirping, running, playing. They are nice and active. I'm hoping to be able to do a photo session with those cute little things tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment