Recipes

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Random Ramblings from the Farm

First of all, I would like to say a very happy mothers day out there to all of you mothers, grandmothers, foster mothers, fathers filling in for mothers, and animal mothers. Your love and care, helps to make the world go round.

Ok, on with the blog. Sorry, no pictures today, I've been sick since Thursday, went to the ER on Friday, and my Fever finally broke Saturday. If I can make it through the next 8 hours without the fever coming back, I will have been fever free for 24 hours. Yay!!! I have the Strep throat, and boy did I get a nasty strain of it.  Thankfully the hubby has been taking care of all of the farm animals for me.

So, on Wednesday we let Sinatra out of solitary confinement. His spurs are nice and scabbed over. Of course the first girl he ran to was Dot, he apparently missed her the most. Frank said from the looks of things, we're going to have to make her a chicken saddle, so I need to start looking up the instructions for that. We have bunches of old jeans that Frank has put in the old jean pile to turn into scraps or shop rags, so I've got the fabric. The only thing I don't like, is the fact that much warmer weather is on its way, I just don't want her to get too hot...and again, she loves her dirt baths, and takes them more than anybody, so there's that...ah, I'll get it figured out!!! I'm just happy that Sinatra's happy again. He was starting to get pretty pitiful out there.

The bunnies outside are doing pretty good according to Frank. I'm feeling well enough, that I'm thinking about venturing out today, and checking on everybody. Just a nice little walk around the back yard.  I can tell you my inside bunnies, are completely rotten. After they had their breakfast, after a nice long (and I do mean long) night of running around their cages, chewing on the wooden blocks hanging in there for them, and many other loud things that they could think of, they have finally collapsed into what looks like really uncomfortable sleep. I'm really starting to think, they need to be outside as well.

Next week the eggs in the incubator go into lock down. I really need to candle everybody tonight to see how many are still with me. I unfortunately haven't kept a very good eye on them over the last few days. I think however, Frank has. 

Well, that's it for these Sunday ramblings!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day, and a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment