Recipes

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

This weeks pictures










Its been a long week, and its only Wednesday. My hubby has been working extra due to being shorthanded at work. Hopefully this weekend he won't have to work...he's supposed to be off. I'm thinking about trying to talk him into turning off his phone.

So, as you can see by those first 3 pictures, that our chicks have really grown. They are almost big enough to let in with the big chickens. We're going to put them together with the big chickens here in about a week. We just let the little leghorn chicks and the golden comets in with the bigger chicks yesterday. Everybody seemed to do great together.

Well, we will not be bringing Carmel home to live with us. I'm very grateful, that her owners have decided to keep her. She was so very attached to her people, and her pack. Huskies are indeed pack animals, who actually mourn the loss of pack members.  We are however, it would appear, going to be meeting with a different female, who is under a year old, and of a different breed. I'm not sure what her name is, but she's a Walker Hound, who is "high spirited" She's spayed, and up to date on all shots as well...I love when people use that term about a dog..I believe that means that she's still got a lot of puppy energy, and I'm wondering if I'm not going to need to get a harness to walk her. I believe that since she's been socialized with other dogs, that it should go well. Sam and Jasper have been socialized, but don't do well with other dogs who haven't been...so we will wait and see.

Oh..back to the pictures, I got a little off track there didn't I? So, I thought those clouds were just really neat looking. I loved how they looked like they had such a neat texture. And those worms, well, they come up in the same place, at the same time every day. In fact, they have permanent looking holes in the ground where they come up. Frank wants to try to catch them, but I'm thinking I'd rather let them stay there and keep doing all of the hard work they've been doing for us.

And of course, I'm so in love with that Ballerina doll I designed, I can't stop sharing her picture. That's the last share, promise!!! :D

Well, I had better get off of this computer for the morning. I have to get to the DMV to renew my car tags today. I've had all month to do it, and have yet to get it done. Plus I still need to gather the mornings eggs. I have the incubator fired up, and ready to go. We are going to be filling it with Leghorn eggs to see if we are going to get those Sex Link chicks we're after. We are hoping to get Red Star Chicks, so keep your fingers crossed on that.

Hope everybody has a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment