Recipes

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Great Day!

Today was another great day weather wise. I was able to turn off the heat, and to throw open the house windows. It was so fantastic to be able to start airing out the house. It got up into the 70's.
Yesterday we borrowed my FIL's truck and hauled off a bunch of stuff from around the outside of the house, and got some stuff we needed to build another perch for the chickens.

Today I started working on cleaning up the raised garden bed. Instead of replanting strawberries in it, we are going to turn it into a tomato garden this year. There is also plans to put up a net fence around it to keep the dogs out of it. Franks Egyptian walking onions have taken quite the beating from the dogs these last 2 years, so they need some recovery time. We did notice that the horse radish is coming up quite nicely though, so plans are going to go ahead to harvest those and grind them up to make some.

I got 2 seed trays started today. We need to go and get the rest of the seeds we need for the garden. I'm pretty excited because this year, I'm planning on growing some eggplant. Not enough to be able to save up for the fall and winter, but enough to enjoy through the summer. After the incredibly cold winter we have had, these nice days are like a balm to us.

Oh, I did get another celery stalk started. Its still in the water bowl stage, but its starting to take off, so hopefully soon I will be able to get it in dirt. (yay)

Well...I'm off to clean up the dinner dishes!!! Happy Spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment