Recipes

Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend pictures part 2









I took more pictures on Sunday, than I did on Saturday as you all can see!!!
Sunday, we moved the door wall back in the chicken run, and then capped off the end with another piece of kenneling. Then we moved the coop out and all of the crates, and tubs full of chicks. We now have a grow out area for all of the chicks we have. I'm pretty happy because that means that caring for these chicks that are growing swiftly will be a bit easier. they are all fully feathered, and the nights aren't as cold as they were, so they will be ok. (I moved the dog house up there for them this morning) Its great that they get to run and play and scratch and chase each other around.

Then once we had the space opened back up in the chicken house, we built another roost, and put the nest box on the end of it. As you can see by the one pic, our Buff Rock was the first to jump on and check things out.

I was quite happy to discover a leghorn egg. That thing is huge, and its the first one we've gotten. So that means that the egg eaters have been getting them before we had a chance to see the leghorn eggs. But now that the egg eaters have pretty  much so been eliminated, it would seem we are getting eggs we haven't before.

I started some seed trays on Friday, and I already have some peeping through!!! I love to see those little green buds starting. The first to come through were squash and tomatoes, I'm going to keep a close eye on them to see what comes next!!!

Well, now you've seen our weekend here on the farm!!! Always something going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment