Recipes

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Starting the litter

Its been a crazy few days around here, so I've gotten a little behind in my farm work, and house work. Today however has been catch up day. Went to town, paid some bills, and went to the tractor supply store. I picked up some pine shavings. They had the store brand for 5 dollars a bag, which is awesome...so I  got 5 bags.

So when I got home, I drug a bag up the hill, and into the chicken run/coop...open the bag, and start with the coops  I thought it would take about a half a bag for each coop...nope...half a bag did each coop, and covered the whole front part of the kennel. I still need to get under and behind both coops, but I have a feeling the way the girls were going at it in there it's going to get spread around pretty good. So my plan is to wait until tomorrow evening and take another bag up there and fill in the bare spots. For now though I'm going to let them have their fun pecking through.

Oh, and for anybody who is counting with me, we're up to 13 eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment