Recipes

Friday, June 7, 2013

Reading material

We are picking up our chickens later on this evening...which is awesome because it feels like it was a year ago that I decided for certain I'm doing this...and that we put everything up...and just everything that goes with it...although, it's been just barely over two weeks. 

So, since I know next to nothing about raising animals that aren't dogs, I decided maybe I had better get some reading material...the first book I picked up...at Tractor Supply was Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens...it's written by Gail Damerow...of course it's the new addition, since it was what was on the shelf.  Then lady night when I wasback at TCT I picked up another book, called the backyard homestead...out was edited by carleen madigan, so I'm assuming it was written by various people. It had a small section on chickens, but had a whole lot about survival on homesteading.

Both books are well written, and easy to follow. If you are thinking about any of this, or just want a refresher course, I highly recommend these books. If you don't have a Tractor Supply near you, I'm pretty sure you can find them on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment