Recipes

Saturday, June 8, 2013

An Egg!!!

Ok, yes...it's just one single egg...not too much to be excited about..but see they have been here for less than 24 hours.  We figured the stress of being moved, being around new people, and a new environment..well...we figured it would slow down the two that are already laying.  Apparently they are happy in their new home.

Today I'm going to make nest areas for them. I'm just going to get a couple of milk crates, set it on it's side, and add some bedding. I figure I'll start with two, and go from there.

We use milk crates for everything around here. In the kitchen I use one for all the countless lids that you end up with...in the living room, we have some stacked up, using them for a dvd holder....I'm the craft room...well you get the idea...

Oh, and just so you know, Sam and Jasper are sitting at their line starting at the chickens...Jasper calmly...Sam not so much...but eventually...and hopefully they will get bored with that. I figure it will take a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment