Recipes

Monday, June 24, 2013

Raspberry Pie

My father in law loves fresh black raspberry pie. So every year with my first pick of berries I make him a pie. I make everything from scratch, including crust and crumbles.

The crust recipe I use is incredibly easy, and requires no rolling...AND you mix it in the pie plate!!!!

Here is the recipe for that
1&1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup oil
2 tbsp. Milk
1 tbsp. Sugar

Measure all ingredients into pie pan and toss together with fork. Press into shape in pan with hands.

If you need the crust for a no bake pie, just bake it at 400 degrees for 10-12 min.

Now the crumbs for the topping are easy, and store well in the freezer for future use. This recipe makes enough for up to 5 pies, so I always have some on hand.

3 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup margarine or butter. (I use butter)

Just mix together until crumbly. Store in a zip lock bag in freezer.

Now, for the pie filling.
4 cups of berries
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp. Cornstarch

Mix everything in a pan, and cook until thick and bubbly. Stir it constantly so it doesn't stick to bottom.

Pour into crust, sprinkle well with crumbs, and bake at 350 for 25-30 min our until edges of crust is the shade of golden brown you desire.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment