Recipes

Friday, June 14, 2013

Growing my own coffee

No, I'm not growing large amounts...and I'm not doing it outside. When we were at tractor supply picking up the chicken coops the other week, they had those little grow your own coffee bean green house kits, and best of all, they were on clearance. So, I bought two of them, one for each kitchen window. I only just got them planted this past week, but it's going to be interesting to see how long it will take them to sprout, and then how fast they will grow.  According to the little instruction thing that came with them, each bush will produce a pound of coffee.
That means providing 1. I don't kill them 2. They sprout and 3 all 6 seeds grow...that's 6 pounds of coffee for about 6 bucks and however much time it takes to actually get the beans...which from what I understand are actually called cherries.

Stay tuned...will keep everybody up on the possible sprouting of my coffee bean plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment