Recipes

Friday, May 1, 2015

German Potato Salad







Greetings!!! It's been a while since I've shared a new recipe, blog, or pics. So, here we are, all 3 in one!!!
 I decided that I needed to expand upon my cooking skills a bit, and make something I have  never made before, which is potato salad. I love a good potato salad, and when scanning recipes I came across one for German potato salad, it just looked good and tasty, and the fact that there is bacon in it made it sound even better!!!! This took me about an hour to make from start to finish, and I got all of my supplies from our local Food Lion, where I think the meat is the freshest, and the produce is the best around. Yes, I love Food Lion, the employees remember the customers, they are friendly, and they are local!!! Of course I have my favorites (You know who you are...lol), and would rather go to FL over Wal-Mart any day.
So, now that I have made my pitch for Food Lion, lets get on with the recipe!!!! (No I don't get paid to talk up FL)

3 slices bacon
1 med onion
1 tsp flour
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
5 cups cooked potatoes sliced
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped

Saute bacon until crisp, and remove from skillet. Then Saute onion in bacon drippings until translucent. Add flour, and stir until  smooth and add water. Stir until thick. Add remaining ingredients. You may serve this warm or cold. 
Serves 8


No comments:

Post a Comment